Polymer modified bitumen
SAMIseal PBD is a polymer modified bitumen used in spray sealing applications where a High Stress Seal (HSS) or Strain Alleviating Membrane (SAM) is required. SAMIseal PBD is manufactured by blending Class 170 bitumen with polybutadiene polymer, specifically for but not exclusively, to meet the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads specification for S0.3B sealing binder. SAMIseal PBD also meets the Austroads S35E sealing binder specification.
SAMIseal PBD is a binder which exhibits superior aggregate retention and is tough, with elastomeric properties.
- High softening point
- Superior adhesion (aggregate retention)
- Crack retardation
- Sprayed at a lower temperature than crumb rubber and SBS binders
- Early sweeping capability
- Used for most sprayseal applications including a SAM where minor cracking is present.
- For quick aggregate adhesion
- High stress sites
For more information about SAMIseal PBD contact SAMI Bitumen Technologies.