A Penetrating Primer Emulsion For Use on Compacted Stabilised Base Course Surfaces
SAMIprime K2 is sprayed on to the surface prior to surfacing, to enhance the adhesion between the stabilised base course pavement and the new seal or asphalt.
Advantages of SAMIprime K2 over Cutback Bitumen primers are:
- Less sensitive to moisture in the surface layer
- Low viscosity provides very good surface penetration
- Provides very good wetting characteristics and adhesion
- Can be sealed or asphalted over within 12 hours
- Eliminates the use of dangerous goods
- Will not contribute to bleeding of the final surface as it contains little cutter
- Non-hazardous and does not require heating
For more information about SAMIprime K2 contact SAMI Bitumen Technologies.